HTML Hyperlink Anchor Tag CSS Styles
HTML Anchor tag is also called Hyperlink tag. This Hyperlink anchor tag is divided into four hyperlink states based on HTML presentation of web pages. Further these four link states are controlled by CSS styles using Pseudo classes of anchor "a" selector of HTML anchor a tag in CSS. Following are the HTML link states:
1. Unvisited link state: Unvisited link state of hyperlink anchor tag stands for the HTML link that has not been visited by the visitor. HTML hyperlink remains in unvisited state until user clicks on it.
2. Visited link state: Unvisited link states turns into visited link state when user clicks on the HTML hyperlink. Hyperlink is considered as visited when user traverses the links of a web site and moves on to different pages of a website.
3. Active link state: The HTML hyperlink anchor tag is considered as in Active link state when user sets focus on the Hyperlink.
4. Hover link state: When mouse moves over the HTML hyperlink then Hover link state of anchor tag gets activated.
HTML Hyperlink CSS styles
Following are the CSS Pseudo classes associated with HTML hyperlink anchor tag to bind the different CSS styles for different Hyperlink states:
1. a:link : Used of Unvisited or Default Hyperlink state.
2. a:visited : Used for visited Hyperlink.
3. a:active : Used for active hyperlink tag.
4. a:hover : Used for mouse over state of Hyperlink anchor tag.
Continue to next tutorial: CSS Hyperlink Styles Using Pseudo Classes to learn how to apply the styles to a hyperlink using the above Pseudo Classes.