Security Permissions of Windows Vista for Visual Studio 2005
"The project is not configured to be debugged" or "You must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer to access the IIS metabase". This problem occurs due to security permissions of Windows Vista. To resolve the issue you must verify and install the IIS metabase and the IIS 6.0 configuration compatibility feature. To configure these settings you can do the following settings in Windows Vista:
1. Go to control panel of Windows Vista and open the Programs and Features.
2. Then open Turn Windows features on or off.
3. Expand Internet Information Services ⇒ Web Management Tools ⇒ and then expand IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
4. Select the IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility check box to enable it.
5. Apply all this to install.
Now go to start menu ⇒ programs ⇒ Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 ⇒ Then right click on Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 program and click Run as Administrator. To Apply the Run as Administrator settings you can do the following:
1. Go to start menu ⇒ programs ⇒ Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 ⇒ Then right click on Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 program and click Properties.
2. In the compatibility tab select the Run as Administrator check box to enable it.
3. Apply these settings to fix the security permissions.
Now Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 is ready to create the ASP.Net Web applications.
Continue to next tutorial: Microsoft FastCGI Extension for IIS6.0 - RTM to learn about the configuration of FastCGI entension on web server.