Visual Studio 2005 - How to Start Debugging on the Web Server
If you are trying to develop web applications in Visual Studio 2005 but some errors like "unable to start debugging on web server", "the project is not configured to be debugged" or "Integrated Windows Authentication" are irritating you then you can cool down your frustration by trying the following solutions whichever is suitable for your system:
1. Create Virtual directory … click here to create the IIS Virtual Directories
2. Apply Integrated Windows Authentication… click here to On the Anonymous access and Integrated Windows Authentication.
3. Create the web site in Visual Studio 2005 by using following step:
- Open Visual Studio 2005. Open its File menu and click on New Web Site…
- Select Asp.Net Web Site. In the location dropdown select File System rather than HTTP if you have already tested the other methods to configure your web applications to e debugged.
- Browse to place your web site. Recommended path to place your web site is (C | OS Partition):\inetpub\wwwroot\
- Select language VB/C# in which you want to script your web application.
- This will resolve your problem of debugging the ASP.Net code by pressing F5 key.
Notice that the recommended path is (C | OS Partition):\inetpub\wwwroot\ which can be used to configure the virtual directory of web project in the IIS at the right place. This virtual directory allows you to access your web site on localhost e.g. http://localhost/ project_name
Continue to next tutorial: Security Permissions of Windows Vista for Visual Studio 2005 to learn how to configure the security permissions for visual studio on windows.